Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Nursery details...Owl pillow in the making..

Just wanted to post a quick pic of the progress I've made so far with the owl pillow I'm making for Cole.

The pic is from my cellphone camera and was taken near a window so it's not the greatest ... I picked out all the fabric this weekend at JoAnn's Fabric and cut out all the pattern pieces from the fabric. It took longer than expected since I also cut a piece of backing for each piece so the sewing and stuffing part will be started one day after work this week at my sister, Kim's house..

The body of the pillow is made of fine-wale chocolate cordoruy, the wings and eyes are made of this fun vintage brown, green, and yellow dashed striped quilting cotton. And the eyes and beak are made of various colored felt. Isn't it cute?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DOH! Wish I had realized about the sun...we could have closed the curtains. Ah well. By the end of this weekend there should be a pillow to actually show off.