Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Our little bean..


Here's our first ever ultrasound, taken when I was about 8 weeks. It was quite the experience for us both. They made me guzzle water an hour before I went in. I had to pee like nobody's business. I thought for sure as she pushed and massaged the transducer across my stomach that I would let the rivers flow all over the table. But I managed to keep it in check and even forgot for just a minute when the tech showed us the image of my little bean. It's heart was beating ferociously at 170 bpm, very strong. And the tech pointed out the nutrional gestation sack and the umbilical cord to us. And then she released me to the nearest bathroom. ahhhh.
Our estimated due date was set for December 11th. On thebump.com website that makes me a member of the JingleBellies club ;-)

We won't go back for another ultrasound until around 19 or 20 weeks, when they determine the gender. Can't wait to see if it's a boy or girl! Hubby is thinking girl... ;-)

No comments: